Wednesday, May 7, 2014

“Immortal legacy”


“Man sees a measure of his immortality in the children of his sons”.

Recently I've been thinking about the legacy I will leave for those who come behind me. A legacy in my opinion is a type of immortality; it is a part of ourselves that lives on throughout the generations. If that is so, the question becomes; if I could live forever what would my life look like? And if my immortality is manifested in my sons, sons; would one find that life pleasing or offensive before God?

As the legacy I leave with my children will impact their spiritual future, the gravity of how I live today becomes apparent. This is the burden of a father and yet it is a profound privilege – to leave something lasting, to impart an aspect of his life to all the generations that will follow him.

What we leave behind us is the future of those that would follow in our path. Whether good or evil, we live on in the steps of our offspring which truly makes us immortal indeed!

Luther.

No comments: