Sunday, November 2, 2014

"The Lost path".

Recently I decided to take my son on one of my prayer walks in the "field' (Woods). He was quite the little trooper; although he was weary of the walking - he did keep his composure. As is my way, I deliberately go off - trail to pray, to whatever secret place the Spirit would lead me. After a time of brief prayer (in  accommodation of my guest) we headed out. It was then that things became interesting.

Somehow I got turned around and had lost my way back to the trail proper. I was headed in the right general direction, but my ill chosen path required we traverse fallen logs, brush, and thorny vines, (which sole purpose was to create trip hazards for small feet) my young charge wan none too pleased! After some time we did find the trail leading out. Walking along the roadside we made our way down to our drive, with house in view my son spoke or better to say the Lord spoke through him.

My son expressed his pleasure and gratitude for time spent together, then followed up with the following statement; "Dad, I want to go again, but if you go alone, Jesus will talk with you - he's cool like that". truly out of the mouth of babes!

I have learned long ago to not discount the words of children, yet it wasn't until several days later that I came to fully appreciate what was spoken. Spiritually speaking; I have found myself in a season where quite honestly I've felt as though the path is lost; not to be understood as my faith; but my specific direction - 'The Trail" as it were. I am still headed in the right general direction, yet my way has been cumbersome of late.

Even still I am comforted by the knowledge that if I must traverse this path alone, I know that the Lord will talk with me. And if He talks with me - in this place - He truly is with me. So while my way seems obscured by the fog of circumstance;

- I will find my way ........ Home!


Psalms 16:11 (ESV)
"You make known to me the path of life;
In your presence there is fullness of joy; 
At your right hand are pleasures forevermore".

Luther.

No comments: