Friday, November 27, 2015

"Thankfulness".

Today I woke up to a beautiful woman.

Not just any woman, but one who has pledged to share her life with mine; - she is my wife, queen of heart and home, a source of abundant joy.

I find it amazing that another human being would so selflessly share her life in such a way that she reveals her hopes and dreams at the risk of ridicule and indifference. Shares her body and if the pleasure of that intimacy wasnt enough, I recive the fruits of her womb. In this season of thankfullness she is one of the many things I am thankfull for; for in her I recive Gods goodness in my life.

We know that if we are in christ we are never alone. And yet when knowledge of that fact and my emotions do not align, I can reach for her hand and I am reminded that my God - his provision in her - is very near.

So for those of you who are enjoying the covenant of marriage, continue to give thanks to God for that provision. And for those who have yet to experience said relationship; fear not God is faithfull and he will provide the desire of your heart.

Luther.

No comments: