Sunday, March 30, 2014

“The deer bed”.

Psa. 25:15-21 (ESV)
15 My eyes are ever toward the Lord,
    for he will pluck my feet out of the net.
16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
    for I am lonely and afflicted.
17 The troubles of my heart are enlarged;
    bring me out of my distresses.
18 Consider my affliction and my trouble,
    and forgive all my sins.
19 Consider how many are my foes,
    and with what violent hatred they hate me.
20 Oh, guard my soul, and deliver me!
    Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.
21 May integrity and uprightness preserve me,
  
Father.

My heart is soft today. There is openness within my spirit. I am vulnerable and exposed.
Come and shield me, for the arrows of the enemy try to pierce my heart to make me cruel and bitter.

Cover me, in a hidden place known only by us; for it is there my soul waits.
It is there I'll always wait for you.

The enemy hunts and lurks about; near the place of solitude. 
Keep it hidden from him, keep me hidden. And there I'll wait for you.

Come Lord,
For I need you, I need you quickly!

For those of you given to the out of doors, no doubt you have come across a deer bed while stomping about the wood. And it’s this picture that serves as the inspiration for the above. For an animal as elusive as the deer to bed down, it must feel secure, safe from the hunter. It’s this example of security in the midst of a hostile environment that speaks to my heart. When despite your best efforts the world has its way with you, to where do you retreat? Some choose vice, escape, or addiction. But I have found it best to seek a “bed” in the wood. Where like the deer; I too may find the place of secure solitude, safe from those that would prey upon my heart, a place where He will brood over me and I may rest in his protection.



Luther.

No comments: